Yard Waste

For Clermont County residents looking to dispose of yard waste – including leaves, grass clippings, brush and tree branches – there are several options available. Some cities and villages within the county, including Milford, Amelia, Batavia and Williamsburg, allow residents to place some types of yard waste along the sides of the street for later pick-up by the city/village.

City of Milford
All leaves, weeds, etc. must be contained in paper yard-waste bags or in clean garbage cans to be collected on regular collection days. Each bag or can must have one purple yard waste sticker attached. Each sticker is $1.50. Remember that the City Service Department collects brush on Wednesdays. To request this service, call (513) 831-7018. For more information, contact (513) 248-5092.

Village of Amelia
Village crews collect yard waste once a week on Mondays, early in the morning. Yard waste should not exceed 30 lbs., and branches should be no bigger than three inches in diameter. Grass clippings and weeds should be bagged. Leaves are collected in the fall.

Village of Batavia
Brush materials only are accepted. Grass clippings, weeds and other similar yard waste are not. Residents can place brush by the curbside for pick-up, which takes place during the first week of each month. Leaves are collected in the fall. For more information, contact the Village office at (513) 732-2020.

Village of Williamsburg
The Village of Williamsburg operates a composting facility that is open on Saturday from 9a.m. to noon from April 15 through October 1. Grass clippings, leaves and chipped brush are accepted. Village residents can use the facility at no cost, but must provide proof of residency. Non-residents may use the facility, but must obtain a permit from village office at a cost of $5. The permit is good for one load of material. Any non-resident who has paid a total of $50 can get additional permits for free. Call (513) 724-6107 for more details.

If you are not a resident of these areas and you do not wish to dispose of your yard waste with your other household waste, Clermont County residents can bring their yard waste to Evans Landscaping, located at 4218 Roundbottom Road in Newtown; however, there will be a disposal fee depending upon the size of the load. There is no fee for Hamilton County residents. To find out more, contact Evans Landscaping at (513) 271-1119.

Composting your yard waste is another option. Composting yard, garden and vegetable food waste at home saves transportation and disposal costs, and provides an environmentally sound way to manage waste. In addition, composting can provide excellent fertilizer for gardens, yards, and other plants. To learn more about home composting or receive a free home composting guide, send an e-mail to oeq@clermontcountyohio.gov or call us at (513) 732-7745.

Although not recommended, yard waste can be co-mingled with household waste in some parts of the county, and will be picked up with your regular waste collection. Some villages may have contracts with a waste hauler that specifically prohibit the disposal of yard waste with household waste. Before placing yard waste out with your weekly garbage, call your village or township to see if this practice is permitted.

Both CSI and Rumpke require that all branches be cut shorter than four feet in length and tied in bundles with string or twine prior to putting them out for pick-up. All bags or bundles of yard waste or mixed trash must weigh less than 50 pounds.