Frequently Asked Questions

This page is being replaced by our new Recycling Search Tree

This page is not being updated and it may contain old or obsolete information.

Solid Waste/Recycling

I Want to Recycle:

Water Quality


Air Quality







I have questions/problems regarding garbage pick-up from my house. Who can help me?

Depending on who your waste hauler is, contact Rumpke at (513) 851-0122, Republic at (800) 543-1339.


Curbside Recycling is not available to me. Where is the nearest recycling center?

If curbside recycling is not available to you, Metal (aluminum steel, copper and tin) cans, Plastic (bottles, jugs, and tubs such as yogurt, cottage cheese, whipped topping, jello, and fruit cups), Glass (brown, green and clear), and Paper (newspaper, office paper, magazines, brown paper bags and computer paper) can be recycled at one of the many recycling drop-off areas listed here.


Recycling Stations (Buy Back)

Recycling stations take a greater variety of recyclable items than most drop-off boxes and will purchase certain items from you. Items accepted vary from station to station. Before you visit, call the station to find out which items are accepted.

Adams Brown Recycling
9262 Mount Orab Pike
Georgetown, Ohio
(937) 378-3431
Hours: Tues-Fri, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m to 2 p.m.

Round Bottom Recycling
5100 River Valley Road (Union Twp)
Milford, Ohio
(513) 248-4435
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.


What is the best way to dispose of yard waste?

Clermont County residents can dispose of their brush or yard waste at Bzak Landscaping, located at 931 Roundbottom Road in Milford, free of charge during regular business hours. To find out more information, contact Bzak Landscaping at (513) 831-0907.


I’ve noticed a lot of trash along a certain roadway. Can the County arrange for this to be cleaned up?

The Clermont County Municipal Court’s Adult Probation & Community Service Department has an alternative sentencing program where, under the supervision of a community service litter crew supervisor, offenders pick up litter along several state, county and township roads. There is no set schedule for the roadside clean-ups. Roads that are targeted are determined primarily by need – those that have the most litter are addressed first. Safety issues also determine which roads can be cleaned – some curvy or hilly stretches of roadways may not be able to be picked up. If you are aware of specific roads needing to be cleaned up, please e-mail Teresa Brown at or call her at (513) 732-8127. Make sure you have information pertaining to the amount and type of litter and the specific location.

If the roadside litter items are larger (for example, refrigerators, hot water heaters, etc.), and are located along a county road, e-mail the Clermont County Engineer’s office or call them at (513) 732-8857. For items alongside township roads, call the appropriate Township Trustees office. An if the items are located along state roads (such as Route 32), contact the Ohio Department of Transportation at (513) 797-6008.  Here is a list of Clermont County townships and municipalities.


I want to report an illegal dump. Whom should I call?

If you are witnessing an illegal dumping in progress

Please contact 911. If you suspect the illegally dumped material is hazardous, contact the Ohio EPA’s 24-hour Emergency Response Hotline at 1-800-282-9378. For non-hazardous material, contact the Clermont County General Health District at (513) 732-7499.


I have old cans of paint. Can these be recycled?

If the paint has dried and hardened, this can be safely disposed of with other household solid waste (waste haulers will not take liquids). Paint can be dried by mixing with sand, cat litter, or sawdust, by leaving the paint can lid off, or by pouring the paint onto paper in a child and animal safe location.  The paint does not have to be hard, just not in a liquid form.

Large quantities of paint in usable condition could be donated to a local school or non-profit organization. Large quantities of unusable paint can be taken to Environmental Enterprises (800) 850-3587, and disposed of for $35/100lbs.


How can I properly dispose of my old appliances?

Clermont County residents may drop-off unwanted household appliances at Round Bottom Recycling free of charge for non-Freon bearing appliances, or for $25 for appliances containing Freon. Accepted appliances include washing machines, dryers, stoves, ranges, microwave ovens, air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers and water heaters. Dishwashers are accepted only if they are stainless steel inside and out. Round Bottom Recycling will NOT accept television sets. Their address is 5100 River Valley Dr., Milford. Their hours are Monday-Friday 8-4, Saturday 9-1. Please call (513) 248-4435 for questions about their accepted items.

You can also try calling your waste hauler to schedule a large item pickup for appliances. Appliances containing Freon will need a certificate showing that the Freon has been removed by a licensed professional in order to be picked up by your waste hauler.


How do I dispose of televisions, computers, or other E-waste?

If computers or non-console televisions are in working condition, they can be donated to Cincinnati Computer Cooperative (771-3262), Goodwill, or the Salvation Army Store.  Staples takes up to 6 items/customer/day of computers and peripherals, including monitors, small electronics, desktop printers, battery back-ups, etc. Goodwill takes working and non-working computers and flat screen monitors for resale or recycling. Cincy E-Recycling will recycle all electronics, including TVs , excluding appliances (800-778-6645), with a small fee for monitors and TVs. Cleanlites Recycling will recycle all electronics, including TVs and batteries, excluding appliances (866-770-2650), with a small fee for monitors and TVs. Noble Laptops will recycle computers (718-2580), monitors are recycled for a $5 fee. Adams Brown Recycling (937 378-3431) in Georgetown will recycle computers free of charge. Itemcycle, (, 888-545-2050) is a mail-in recycling program for Apple products (ipads, iphones, computers, etc.). They pay for shipping and buy back newer devices. Computer Reuse Center (554-4944) accepts computers with Pentium I, 200 mhz or higher, working monitors 17″ or larger, laser or jet printers, plus office equipment and supplies.

Best Buy will take tube televisions under 32″ or flat panel televisions under 50″ for a $29.99 fee. Cleanlites Recycling will also recycle TVs for a fee (866-770-2650). USA Lamp and Ballast Recycling (641-4155) is a mail-in recycling program and can recycle some television sets and computer equipment for a fee. Adams Brown Recycling (937 378-3431) in Georgetown will recycle television sets for $0.40/lb and Cohen Recycling (937 446-4100) in Sardinia recycles them for $0.43/lb.

E-waste is a general term for unwanted electronics such as cell phones and computers. There is concern about landfilling e-waste due to the toxic metals, such as lead and cadmium, often found in electronics. Visit the You Renew website to see if your device is elegible for recycling and possibly receive a payment. Cell phones can typically be recycled at the cell phone provider store.


I have some materials that I think might be classified as “Household Hazardous Waste” What is the best way to dispose of these?

Certain household products can be toxic to the environment if not disposed of properly. Remember, NEVER pour these products down the drain or into the storm sewer. Categories of consumer products that may be considered household hazardous waste include: automotive products, paints and solvents, pesticides, lawn care products, pool chemicals and hobby and craft materials. If these cannot be recycled, they can be disposed of properly by contacting the Adams-Clermont Solid Waste District via email at or by phone at (513)732-7744. You will need to provide a list of the items that you have for disposal, and approximate volumes. This information will then be put on a voucher, which the District will mail or email to you. You would them be responsible for taking the material and the voucher to a hazardous waste disposal facility in Cincinnati. By presenting the voucher when you deliver the material, the cost of disposal will be invoiced to the District, and you will not be charged. The vouchers are valid for one year from the date they are issued, so residents can take the material to the disposal facility at their convenience.

Dried latex and oil based paint does not need to be taken to Environmental Enterprises as it can be disposed of in the trash if no longer liquid. Try adding kitty litter, sawdust, or newspaper clippings to cans of paint to absorb the moisture. Once the paint is a pasty consistency, it can be set out on the curb with the lid removed for your waste hauler to collect. Cans of spray paint can be emptied onto newspaper and then recycled. Another option for paint disposal is Environmental Enterprises in Cincinnati. They charge a nominal fee for paint disposal and can be reached at 1-800-850-3587. The County does not provide vouchers for paint disposal.



Prescription drugs can pollute drinking water and harm aquatic life if they are disposed of down the sink or flushed down the toilet. The proper way to dispose of pharmaceuticals is through take-back programs offered by your local pharmacy or through trash disposal. Click here to find a year-round take back location near you. There are typically also take-back days with more locations held in the autumn of each year. If disposing of prescription drugs in the trash, try mixing them in with non-desirable materials such as coffee grounds or kitty litter. Placing them in a plastic bag or a sealed container is advisable.



In southwest Ohio there are not many options for recycling expanded polystyrene, more commonly known as styrofoam, since there are no styrofoam recyclers in the area. However consumers can find ways to reuse styrofoam or donate used packing peanuts to a shipping store such as UPS. The Alliance of Foam Packaging Recycling has a mail-back program with mail-back locations listed here: Mail Back List_0.pdf .  You may also find additional information here: .

Of course the best way to reduce styrofoam waste is to avoid purchasing products which are packaged with styrofoam.


Motor Oil:

Clermont County residents can recycle used motor oil free of charge by taking it to the Clermont County Fleet Maintenance Garage, located on Filager Road, behind the Sheriff’s Office off SR 222 just outside of Bataiva. For hours of operation, call the garage at 513-732-7775.

Motor Oil can also be recycled at the following locations:

Autozone: Up to 5 gallons

4436 Glen Este-Withamsville Rd (513) 718-5279
8500 Beechmont Avenue, Anderson Twp (513) 474-6650
1212 Hwy 28, Mt. Repose (513) 575-4288
1362 Ohio Pike, Batavia Twp (513) 753-7600

4625 Eastgate Blvd. (Eastgate Mall) (513) 753-7171
956 Highway 28, Milford (513) 831-1721
8187 Beechmont Avenue (513) 474-2910

Village Quik Lube: Up to 5 quarts
7101 Main Street/Rt 32, Newtown (513) 272-0677


Car Batteries


4436 Glen Este-Withamsville Rd (513) 718-5279
8500 Beechmont Avenue, Anderson Twp (513) 474-6650
1212 Hwy 28, Mt. Repose (513) 575-4288
1362 Ohio Pike, Batavia Twp (513) 753-7600

4625 Eastgate Blvd. (Eastgate Mall) (513) 753-7171
956 Highway 28, Milford (513) 831-1721
8187 Beechmont Avenue (513) 474-2910

NAPA Auto Parts:
945 W. Main Street, Williamsburg (513) 724-6188

Batteries + Bulbs
7850 Beechmont Ave. Cincinnati, OH 45255 (513) 474-0895



Clermont County residents can recycle used antifreeze at no charge by taking it to the Clermont County Fleet Maintenance Garage located on Filager Road, located behind the Sheriff’s Office off SR 222 just outside Batavia.

Antifreeze can also be recycled at the following locations:

4625 Eastgate Blvd. (Eastgate Mall) (513) 753-7171
956 Highway 28, Milford (513) 831-1721
8187 Beechmont Avenue (513) 474-2910


Tires (Fee May Apply)

Bethel Tire:
615 W. Plane Street, Bethel (513) 734-6095

Eastgate Mall (4625 Eastgate Blvd.) (513) 753-7171
956 Highway 28, Milford (513) 831-1721
8187 Beechmont Avenue (513) 474-2910


Rechargeable Batteries

Verizon Wireless:
482 Ohio Pike, Cherry Grove (513) 688-1300
4459 Eastgate Blvd, Cincinnati (513) 947-0235
601 E State St, Georgetown (937) 515-4943

AT&T Store:
500 Ohio Pike (513) 528-6700

Batteries + Bulbs:
7850 Beechmont Ave. Cincinnati, OH 45255 (513) 474-0895

Best Buy:
650 Eastgate South Drive (513) 753-7062

The Home Depot:
520 Ohio Pike (513) 688-1654
1094 Highway 28 (513) 722-4908

618 Mt Moriah Dr, Cincinnati (513) 753-5094
5694 Romar Drive (513) 965-3280

Office Depot:
4540 Eastgate Blvd. Cincinnati (513) 752-2406
275 River’s Edge, Milford (513) 831-2850
3990 Montgomery Rd, Loveland (513) 360-6358

8666 Beechmont Ave. (513) 474-4321

100 Rivers Edge (513) 831-5294
8680 Beechmont Ave, Cincinnati (513) 474-6006


Watch Batteries

Dakota Watch Company:
Eastgate Mall (513) 753-0400


Alkaline (household batteries)

May dispose of in household trash.


Fluorescent Light Bulbs

Home Depot:
1094 Route 28 (513) 722-1706
520 Ohio Pike (513)688-1654

Batteries + Bulbs:
7850 Beechmont Ave. Cincinnati, OH 45255 (513) 474-0895

USA Lamp and Ballast Recycling:
5366 Este Avenue, Winton Terrace (513) 641-4155

(513) 741-5294


No. 5 Recyclables

Good news! Plastic tub containers such as yogurt, butter, cottage cheese, jello, pudding and fruit cup containers, are now recyclable through Rumpke’s curbside recycling programs and Clermont County’s drop-off recycling locations. Tubs are currently the only kind of #5 plastic accepted – please do not put any other #5 plastics such as deodorant containers or orange pill bottles into your recycling bin.


Smoke Detectors

Smoke detectors can be disposed of through the County’s Household Hazardous Waste Voucher program. Call 732-7745 ext. 3 to obtain a voucher which will cover the cost of disposal at Environmental Enterprises Inc. in Cincinnati.


Are Clermont County streams in good shape? Where can I find more information?

Water quality information can be seen by accessing one of several links on OEQ’s home page.
For additional information, contact the OEQ via e-mail or by calling (513) 732-7894.


I have questions/concerns about my drinking water. How can I find more information?

The Clermont County Water and Sewer District includes two divisions, the Sewer Division and Clermont County Waterworks. The divisions are responsible for the supply and treatment of drinking water and for treatment and disposal of wastewater in sections of the county they serve. For more information or questions concerning drinking water call Tim Neyer, Assistant Director (513) 732-7945.


I would like to have my soil tested. How can I arrange this?

The Ohio State University Agricultural Extension Service conducts soil testing in Clermont County. They can be reached at (513) 732-7070, or at


Questions about Septic Tanks:

The Clermont County Health District is responsible for on-site treatment systems, including septic tanks. If you have questions regarding the operation of your on-site system, you can e-mail the Health District or call them at (513) 732-7499.


What should I do if I need to report a spill to a stream or river, or a spill on land?

Information on spills to the water, land or air should be reported to the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency. Ohio EPA operates a 24-hour toll-free spills hotline. The number is (800) 282-9378. Be sure to have as much information on hand as possible to provide to Ohio EPA, including type of material spilled, amount, time of spill and location of the spill.

Clermont County also administers a comprehensive wellhead protection program for its drinking water well supplies. The wellfields are located along the Ohio River near New Palestine and along the Little Miami River just east of Miamiville. Should you observe a spill in these areas, please call (513) 732-5383.

If a spill is observed that will directly impact the Ohio River, citizens can report to the Ohio River Valley Water Sanitation Commission (ORSANCO) 24-hours spill response hotline at (513) 231-7719.

If in your opinion the spill poses an immediate threat to the health of the residents of Clermont County, call 911.


I have a concern about the air quality where I live. Whom should I call to find out more information?

Hamilton County Department of Environmental Services monitors the outdoor concentrations of pollutants for several Southwestern Ohio counties, including Clermont, Hamilton, Butler and Warren Counties. If you have an air quality concern, call the air quality hotline at 946-7777. Environmental Compliance specialists are available to investigate odor complaints 24 hours a day. Many people hesitate to call the hotline number when they smell an odor or see excess dust/smoke because they do not think it will do any good. Complaints are taken very seriously by the agency and all complaints are investigated – usually within an hour of receipt of the complaint.

If you are interested in a daily report of air quality and pollen/mold levels in Greater Cincinnati, contact (513) 946-7753.

Local Health Departments can handle indoor air quality concerns when related to mold. The Clermont County Health District can be reached at (513) 732-7499. Ohio Department of Health’s Indoor Air Quality program is non-regulatory. People who have questions about indoor air can contact (614) 466-1390 to talk with someone about indoor air. For further information about indoor air quality click here.


I have concerns about radon in my home? How can I find out if I have problems?

Radon gas is capable of entering homes from the earth and rock beneath the home; though building materials and through well water. Since radon has been shown to be a carcinogen, high radon levels in the home can pose serious health risks.

Since you cannot see or smell radon, special equipment is needed to detect it. When you’re ready to test your home, you can order a radon test kit by mail from a qualified radon measurement services provider or laboratory. You can also hire a qualified radon tester, very often a home inspector, who will use a radon device(s) suitable to your situation.

The Hamilton County Department of Environmental Services maintains a very informative web site on radon. This can be reached at, or contact Lee Gruber via e-mail, or by calling (513) 946-7777.

For another source of radon information, contact the Ohio Department of Health at (800) 523-4439.


I have concerns about asbestos in my home/office building Where can I find more information?

As with radon, questions regarding asbestos should be addressed to the Hamilton County Department of Environmental Services, which is the regional air quality department regulating Clermont, Hamilton, Butler and Warren Counties. They maintain an informative web page ( that includes home owners guides as well as reporting requirements for demolition/renovation projects. For more information, contact Ken Wilkins at (513) 946-7743.


I have an old/used car, truck, motorcycle, SUV, RV or boat.

Instead of selling or trading in your used vehicle, consider donating to Wheels for Wishes, benefiti Make-A-Wish Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana. This tax deductible donation is quick and easy, as Wheels for Wishes will do all of the work for you, including towing the vehicle away. Visit for more information.