When the holidays are over, make sure you treecycle! The act of recycling a live Christmas tree is a leading reason many experts agree they are more environmentally friendly than their plastic counterparts. Treecycling is the act of recycling your cut Christmas tree, so that it can be used in other capacities. The trees can get a second life after they are chipped (used for mulch and hiking trails), become fish or wildlife habitat, or are utilized for lake and river shoreline stabilization.
Locally, many communities and the Clermont County Park District are offering opportunities for you to treecycle. But before you take your tree to a collection site or haul it to the curb for pick-up, please be sure to remove all lights, tinsel, and decorations.
Clermont County recycling opportunities:
• Amelia: Curbside pick-up is available on Mondays, after January 1st, during regular yard waste pick-up.
• Village of Batavia Residents: Place your tree cleared of all decorations curbside and the village will pick up.
• Batavia Township: Curbside pick-up is available during regular yard waste pick-up.
• Loveland: City residents can place trees at the curb for pick-up from January 2nd through January 18th.
• Miami Township: Residents can bring Christmas trees cleared of all decorations to either Paxton Ramsey Park or Miami Meadows for chipping. Trees can be dropped off seven days a week during daylight hours from December 26 through January 31. Call (513) 248-3728 with questions.
• Milford: Christmas tree collection will be held every Wednesday in January, 2018. Please remove all decorations and place it at the curb. Trees not meeting the above requirements will be left at the curb and not collected. If you have any questions, please call (513) 831-7018.
• Pierce Township: Pierce Township residents can bring trees to the Pierce Township Hall after Christmas through January 12th. There will be dumpsters at the drop-off area located in the south corner of the ball field parking lot next to the fire department located at 950 Locust Corner Rd.
• Pattison Park Clermont County Park District: County residents can drop off trees lakeside at Pattison Park, through January 12th. The drop-off area will be clearly marked and all trees must be cleared of all decorations.
• Union Township: Union Township residents can drop off trees behind the Police Department, 4312 Glen Este-Withamsville Road. The drop-off days are January 1 through January 31. The drop-off area will be clearly marked and all trees must be cleared of all decorations. If you have any questions, please contact the Service Department at (513) 753-2221.